Saturday, January 10, 2015

Imperial Assault: A Stormtrooper is done!

I've been working on these awesome Imperial Assault figures all week and finally managed to get all of them cleaned, primed, and ready for next weeks painting! 


The first figure finished painted from the set is one of the 9 Stormtroopers. You wouldn't think that a white figure would take much time, but surprisingly it did. This guy used 4 paints, 1 wash, and some Flow Aid. The first layer was Citadel Pallid Wych Flesh over the entire figure. This is a slightly warm off white and came out really nice as the base. Over that I mixed Vallejo Medium Sea Grey, the Flow Aid, and water together and basically did a thinned down paint wash over the figure. I then painted Vallejo German Grey in the eye sockets and in the gaps between armor plates. After that I  took Secret Weapon Wash Heavy Body Black and picked out certain areas to darken, such as around the helmet, belt, and gun area. Finally some Vallejo White was used to highlight all the armor plates. A lot of work just for some white. I kept the base simple with just some P3 Ironhull Grey.


Here are all the minis set up in a group (minus the painted guy) and you can see all the different primers used here. I started with the grey and halfway through, the can decided to clog up. Instead of waiting till I could get a new can I switched to the black for Darth Vader, the Imperial Guards, the Imperial Commanders, and the Trandoshans. Then to finish it off, I primed Rebel Luke and the Stormtroopers in white. It all seemed to come together in the end and I was actually glad for the problem.

For next week I have a ton of painting to do. Lots of Star Wars stuff needs to be done and I'm also going to be working on some Space Marine guys. I have a Chaplain and a Librarian to get done.

Till next time!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment