Monday, September 15, 2014

A Monday Post! Must be a #MiniatureMonday

And it is! Last week I was on Twitter and a few people that I follow started talking about a MinitureMonday Speed Paint Challenge. I was immediately interested it doing it, though I had some reservations about the Reaper Bones figure which everyone had to work with.

The Challenge!


Take Finaela, Female Elf Pirate from the Reaper Bones line, 7 colors + Black and White, and you have 4 hours. Ready, set, GO!



My Paints!



The two WIP shots I was able to grab before I got lost in painting the figure. They show the black prime and the purple under painting that was done for the mini. I decided right away that I didn't want to use black paint in any of my color mixes and picked the dark purple to be my shade color. The first picture shows the finished skin minus the tint on the lips and the next shows some work on the hair, swords, and the red areas. 


My final figure! 7 colors + B/W and 3 hours.

This figure really was a challenge from the start. On Twitter the figure is posted on #MiniatureMonday and then you have a week to get the figure done to post the finished one on the next #MiniatureMonday. Of course I go to our game store, Phantom of the Attic, every Sunday, so to do the challenge I would have to grab the figure and finish it the same day to complete the challenge. Rather crazy.

Since I had a week with nothing to do for the challenge, I spent it trying to figure out the colors that I was going to use. This was one of the biggest parts of the challenge for me, since I love lots of colors in my minis. I use layers of colors and washes to get some awesome results. I decided early on that in order to get what I wanted, I would have to not use the washes. 

I'm actually really happy with this figure. I think it came out beautiful with all of is vibrant colors and the overall purple shading. I can't wait to do the next one!

The picture of Finaela at the top was taken by @Mocha_Minis. Awesome painter with a great blog! Check out the blog at Mocha Minis!

My awesome wet palette at the end!


<3

Till next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment