Monday, September 29, 2014

Speed Paint Challenge the Second!

Yay! Another #Speedpaintchallenge!

Just like last time, a mini was picked and we have 4 hours and 7 colors + B/W to get it done!


The mini this time was the Malak Necromancer from the Reaper Bones line. He's pretty cool and a larger mini then the last one so the best bet was to concentrate on some of the figure than all of it.



And here is my guy! The cloak and the skin was the big part on this mini and there were so many different ways that I wanted to paint this. I liked the purple grey to red on the cloak and the blue green skin.


My paints for this were:

Vallejo - Black, White, Flat Red, and Grey Green.
GW - Screamer Pink, Scorpian Green, and Nuln Oil
P3 - Arcane Blue and Cygnar Blue Highlight







I did much better with the WIP shots this time, though once again I get to a certain point and then forget to take the pictures as I'm working. Next time! 

My favorite WIP shot is the first one because you can totally see that I was watching League of Legends while painting. If you look in the top left corner of the image you can see the mini map from the game! I was watching the VOD of the first game between C9 and NWS on Sunday. Awesome game!

Most of the WIP shots are of the skin, the grey purple part of the cloak, and the start of the greys on the rest of the figure. After that I did the last highlight on the grey, the glowy green, and then the red and purple.

My next #speedpaintchallenge I've got to change it up and do a radically different color scheme. I have some ideas in mind, but it depends on what the next figure is going to be.


Also! This Sunday there was a Dragonman sighting. He was hanging out in this bin at the Starbucks near my game store.

Till next time!

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment