Wednesday, September 24, 2014

WIP... all of it's Grey?!

So yeah, everything in this post is grey. Rather than finishing a few figures, I decided that I wanted to mass paint a bunch and I'm currently at the grey part of the process. I've finished two minis so far this week and 7 more are being worked on. 




First we have some Infinity ALEPH Dakini Tactbots. These three guys are so similar that they are kind of slowing the process down. The motivation to paint the same thing is just not there right now and even the reward of some individual minis just isn't cutting it this time. On these guys I have my standard three layers of grey and a wash of black so far. It's very messy since this is really the first part. The two layers of grey blue come after, but right now they look kind of meh.



We got two single ladies that are going to be my reward for finishing the three robot guys up above. The first is an exclusive miniature that appears to be an idol singer. The second lady is another Deva Functionary. The singer especially because she has some awesome yellow, orange, and red in her scheme.


This lovely lady is the big centerpiece of this group. She is the Marut. Were she to stand straight, she would be twice as tall as all the previous minis and she is on a large base that I had to customize to fit with all the resin bases that I was given. I'm trying to be a little cleaner with the blends on this figure so the grey isn't finished. She will be the same standard paint scheme as the rest.


Last, but not least, is a Dark Angel Ravenwing bike. This is the starting grey on this mini where I'm trying to figure out how best to shade the black. I tried so hard to get away from doing the lining technique that everyone does, but black just doesn't work very well any other way. I have another Ravenwing bike that I've finished that I will have to go back and fix so that the black is consistent. 

This week will be a big one for minis. Hopefully I should be able to finish most of these minis and maybe have time to paint an Ork or two for our Sunday 40k game.

Till next time!

<3





No comments:

Post a Comment