Wednesday, December 24, 2014

WIP Shadows of Brimstone Monsters

We have more Shadows of Brimstone figures! All of last week and this week have been devoted to these cool little minis. The Apoxie Sculpt that I ordered came in on time and I managed to finish all the last of the gap filling today after getting some of the stuff cleaned up from yesterday. All I have to do is clean up the apoxie on certain minis and then base them. Everything should be all ready for painting tomorrow after Christmas morning.


First up, I have these sea tentacles. The artwork on the box has these guys in various shades of blue so I kept with that. I also used the same ground color as the two painted player characters that were finished on Saturday.


Next up are these little spider guys. The colors on these start with a green base and move up to a very lite grey. There is also a thin wash of Secret Weapon Washes Drying Blood on the mouth for just a hint of color and a little bit of Army Painter Blue Tone in some of the recess areas around the body. The spider minis didn't come with any bases and so I decided to add some little rubber feet to them. 

I have a product called Magic Tool that is used to coat metal tools that are used in jewelry making. It pads the metal and protects the jewelry from getting marks. I'm not sure how much it will protect them, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to dip their toes in the rubber.

I have 12 of these spiders to finish for tonight, but it shouldn't be too bad. More work tonight means more time off tomorrow for Christmas!

Till next time!

Merry Christmas all!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment