Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Finished Minis, but still WIP!

This week was all about the Space Hulk minis. I was trying to get them done before Friday, but because of some things that have happened, I can take a little more time on them. As of right now, I have all but one of the Blood Angels completed and one is almost done. As for the Tyranids, I have one completely done, 4 are finished with all the major work, and 18 still need several major steps. 

The only things I have going for me are that the Tyranid bases are almost all done, minus Blood Angel parts, and the first layer of the dark blue is done. After that, it gets easier and quicker with every step.



First up is the Blood Angel that I finished this earlier this week. He would have been done last week, except I still had the power sword to finish on him. I did a simple blue gradient and some touches of metal.



The other finished miniature is this awesome Tyranid. I followed the same step by step instructions from Tale of Painters blog. The longest part is, of course, the blue carapace with three layers of blues over the black base. After that are the two layers of purple, the layer of light pink, and the purple wash over all the purple areas. The last steps are super easy and consist of the tongue, teeth and claws, and the eyes. 

For Saturday, I should have the last Blood Angel finished, at least 4 more Tyranids finished, several more to the wash stage, and a test figure for a new color scheme. I'm going to be painting some Warhammer Fantasy Ogres coming up here soon and I want to do a winter scheme on them. The biggest thing that I want to make sure to get right is the skin. Some pale dusky skin with some purple red touches and maybe some frostbit areas. I've got a reaper mini sitting in front of me right now that will serve as the test.

Till next time!

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment