Tuesday, August 19, 2014

And now... For something Different

As well as miniature painting, I love art and painting just in general, whether it's digital painting, traditional art, or game art. I am also a fan of the Minecraft game and I am a dedicated viewer of the World of Mianite livestreams done by ProSyndicate, IIJerichoII, OMGitsfirefoxx, and Captain Sparklez. 
If you like Minecraft and aren't already watching, then you should. They stream everyday at noon pst on their twitch.tv channels and they have started an event every Saturday called the "Purge" based off of the movie. All killing and stealing in the game is legal and has no consequences. I was watching OMGitsfirefoxx's stream today and she asked the viewers to design a new Minecraft skin for her to use just for the purge and of course the first thing I did was open Photoshop.


I included a shot of her standard skin and multiple views of the one I made and then went crazy with the background, but I sent her the skin and so fingers crossed!

I've also been watching her and IIJerichoII stream League of Legends and have become inspired by that games artwork. So there might be some awesome character designs coming up here in the future!

WIP Wednesday tomorrow and possibly a finished mini as well. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment