Wednesday, January 21, 2015

New Project WIP

Last week and the weekend was a crazy time. I spent so much of it trying to finish the Star Wars figures that I was unable to get any pictures of the final pieces before I had to hand them in. I also really didn't have anything to show for Sunday so I was forced to delay my post till today. I was going to have so much more to post today, but an issue popped up that prevented me from doing much work. 

I've started a new project, the miniatures from the board game Myth and earlier today I took several of them to get primed. This was after cleaning mold lines and basing. I decided to use an airbrush and some paint on primer to make the job faster, but as soon as I started to spray I realized that I had a problem. The primer started to bead on the plastic miniature. All progress was stopped and all the figures had to be soaked in soapy water and scrubbed to get whatever release agent was still left on the plastic. I usually don't have many problems with residue on plastic minis (other than the occasional Reaper Bones), but these obviously had some so all 41 figures had to be cleaned. As such I don't have any of them painted.


This is one of the last figures of the Space Hulk set that needs to be finished. There are a few Blood Angel pieces on the Tyranids that need to be worked on, but other than that, I just have this guy. I believe that he is the librarian for the Blood Angel group and I'm hoping to get him done this week.


The other figure that I have started is another librarian, this time a Dark Angel one from the Dark Vengeance box. I started this guy by airbrushing the sand color of the cloak. I will probably try some more airbrush on the cloak when I prime the Myth figures tomorrow.

Till next time!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment