Saturday, February 7, 2015

Some slight changes...

To start out, I've decided that instead of doing my standard WIP post on Wednesday and my finished post on Saturday, that I'm going to post everything to my blog on Saturday and do a Miniature Monday post on Twitter. I've been keeping to my blog a little too much and Twitter hardly at all. 

I've also had to halt progress on the Myth figures for right now. They are all ready to go when I get done with a few other things, namely some more Batman Knight Models! I did a ton of these a while ago and loved working on them. Now I have 5 more to get done and I have to say, it's starting out awesome.

The five that I have to work on are Killer Croc, Comic Bane, Dark Knight Rises Batman, Comic Joker, and Green Arrow. After looking over all of them and cleaning them up, the Green Arrow looked like a great place to start.


Like all of the other Knight Models, I kept with the same scheme of the miniatures online. What I liked about working on this one is that I was able to spend a little more time trying to get the contrast the way I wanted to. There are some great highlights and awesome shadows on this guy. I think this mini is gorgeous and he is totally going up on Twitter for miniature Monday.


The other figure that I started to work on this week is the Comic Bane. I've already painted the movie version of Bane, but this guy is way different. He has the Arkham prison pants and those pipes attached to him are totally going to be a super bright green. So far I've got a good bit of him done, but I still have to finish the base painting and then get the major highlights and shadows complete. This guy stands on a 40 mm base so he is pretty big and since he's metal, he's also pretty heavy. I might have to desaturate his skin tone a bit though.

This week coming up are more Knight Models, some Dark Angel guys, and hopefully a little gnome warlock for myself.

Till next time!

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment