Sunday, November 2, 2014

Saturday's Post on Sunday!

Super big update!

We finally had our Warhammer Fantasy Halloween game today and while there were victors on the side of good, the side of evil won overall.

Bwahahahaha!

First up is the main lady, Neferata The Mortarch of Blood.



We have the front and back sides where you can see the overall figure. She is painted mainly to the box color scheme and done for tabletop. I might go back in when I have more time to highlight and tint a few things here and there, but I am super happy with this model.

The model itself went together fairly well. She is a little bouncy because she only has two connection points to the base and they're both towards the back. Also as far as assembly, I would advise to put the base, ghosts, tail, hips, and connecting leg together before painting. I did most of these pieces separate and when I went to put it together I had issues with properly positioning the leg that connects to the ghost. This leg is part of the stability of the figure and needs to be correct. I would also think about modifying it a little to make it more stable.

Otherwise, she is pretty nice and the figure held up through a long game with arms moving and dice being thrown.




Here we have some awesome close up shots of the mount and Neferata herself.


Next up are the Spirit Host and the Banshee that were part of the game today. I've posted this WIP shot before and finally got to finish them completely for the game.




Here are the completed figures! These guys were actually much older figures painted several years ago that I wanted to repaint to go along with the newer ghosts. Their original scheme was a camo green layered with bone, but the repaint is the newer spectral scheme like the Grave Guard.



Lastly, we have the swarms. I had these older Games Workshop minis sitting around unpainted and unbased, but finally got to get them done! These guys were super quick and I got 5 spider swarms and 5 bat swarms done in less than a day.

I've decided that instead of a really long post about all the finished minis and the game from today, I would split the post and save the game for either Monday or Tuesday. 

Till next time!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment