Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday Lesson Well Learned...

Lesson for today: Get the blog post done before you go watch the live streams on Twitch.

So, I was working on a last minute figure and having a good time watching a live streamer on Twitch play some League of Legends. I look down at the corner of the screen and see that it's 8:00 PM so I think, I have a ton of time to get the pics ready and post the blog for today. Then the player stops looking at their Twitter and gets back into the game, I look back to the corner and suddenly it's 11:00 PM! I go, "WHAT?!" Then realize.... 

The live streamer on Twitch is in a different time zone and is three hours behind me.

:(

I started to laugh while I scrambled to get my pictures and everything ready in time to post before midnight. Not sure why I really need to post before midnight, but that seems to be my thing. So, I've learned to pay attention to my own clock rather than rely on a streamer's time, since most of them aren't in the same time zone as me.

Well, enough about that! Time for some figures. Yay!


This first guy is Kommander Harkevich, a warcaster from the Khador faction in Warmachine. This guy and any other Khador are all commissions for others, since I don't really care for this faction much. They appeal more to me as far as game play goes than looks and I don't play this game much so I tend to paint them more for looks than anything. So I will stick to my Cyriss mainly.


This is Kovnik Andrei Malakov, a solo character from the Khador faction. He was painted in the standard Khador paint scheme along with the big guy above.




The three green guys are some awesome 40k Ork Boss Nobz! These guys are super quick painted for the game tomorrow and they will lead the Boyz and Nobz to victory over the Marines. Lots of yellow and I'm probably going to have to find a different way to paint the yellow because they way I have it now isn't working. The bright yellow paint I have takes brush lines way too easy and it very hard to keep smooth. I might have to try straight white and then yellow wash on top instead of yellows built up in layers.

Alright! We have awesome stuff done this week and I have more for next week, like usual. Almost finished with another figure that I will try to post tomorrow when I get home from the game store. I also spent so much time this week working on commission stuff and the minis for the Sunday game that I'm stuck, once again, doing the #speedpaintchallenge at the last minute on Sunday.

Time management! I needs more of it!

Till next time!

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment