Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dat WIPWednesday tho!

This week is mostly finishing up work from last week and getting stuff ready for the Warhammer Fantasy Halloween game still. This week I finally finished the 15 Tomb King skeletons that were partially done last week and I've been working on the 10 Vampire Counts Crypt Guard. After these guys I still have to finish my awesome Mortarch and then when the 40mm bases I ordered come in I will finish the swarms. Then it will all be done!


Here are my Crypt Guard guys! I was sitting down, looking at these guys and decided that I didn't want to paint them normally. So for an easy paint job on a unit that I probably will not play again, I went with the spectral ghost scheme. These guys will fit in with the Mortarch and the ghosts that I have planned for the Halloween game and if I ever want to play the Vampire Counts again, I can just use the same scheme for quick painting. 

If you've never seen this scheme, it is super easy! You can either prime them all white or black with white over top for some shadows and highlights. Then you brush some Citadel Nihilakh Oxide technical paint over the entire model. Drybrush some white and brush some Citadel Coelia Greenshade wash in the eye area and you are done! Super simple and it gives it a nice ghostly effect. I'm going to add in some Secret Weapon Fallout wash on the weapons to pop them a bit and I had to do something different with the banner. 

The banner is a freehand female's face with a sugar skull motif on it. It looks pretty good on the banner and if I paint any more guys with banners, I will probably create a simplified version of it.

Alright! Saturday should have the finished Tomb Kings and Crypt Guard!

Till next time!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment