Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Halloween Game WIP

The WIP for this week is trying to get more of the stuff done for the Halloween game this year. We usually do a Halloween themed game every year at our game store and this year we are working with the new Nagash figures from GamesWorkshop. It's going to be an epic Warhammer Fantasy battle between the forces of Nagash and everyone else. I would normally play Lizardmen, since they are my main army, but I decided to join the undead forces this time!

I have a bunch of Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings that I'm going to be working on till the game and the big item is Neferata, Mortarch of Blood.


This guy is the main update for this week and it's mainly the color scheme. I've been sitting on these Tomb King skeletons for a bit and trying to figure out the colors I wanted to use. After several different tests I decided on this dark blue green and scorpion green combo with the bronze. This paint scheme uses 13 different paints, including 3 Secret Weapon washes. I'm still unsure about what color to use on the rim of the base though.


This dwarf lady is an older figure that I've had sitting around. I painted her at a convention paint and take a few years ago and I never liked the base she was on. I finally decided to change her base and fix her up a bit to get her looking nice. She is a Reaper mini and the paint job on her is alright, but it needs more. The colors need to be more vibrant and there needs to be more contrast. She is a very grey looking figure as far as value goes.

I will have her finished for Saturday and have this pic and the new one side by side to hopefully show a really great change!

The Mortarch figure is all cleaned and assembled as far as I can before painting. I have a few pieces primed and ready to go for paint, but I'm stuck on the colors.

Till next time!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment